50 Things University Taught Me: First Year
Recently finishing my first year of undergrad, I compiled a list of the things I really learned after paying thousands of dollars. Move aside Foucault and Morrison, this is where it’s at.
- You will, without a doubt, hate everything you came to school for, at least once.
- Your parents were wrong.
- Suede, although pretty, is such a useless material.
- Your parents were right.
- Take chances. Always, always, take chances.
- It is possible to survive an entire day on a bagel and a carton of chocolate milk. Sometimes, just the bagel.
- All those habits you thought you were going to kick? Nice try.
- Sometimes, you just don’t want to be kissed.
- Engineers, regardless of what school they attend, are dangerous creatures.
- It is possible to watch a movie every night.
- Yes, T.A’s do hit on their students.
- Don’t come to university with the expectation that people are any more mature…
View original post 688 more words